Please complete our COVID-19 questionnaire before your appointment
Go to COVID-19 Questionnaire
What to Expect at Your Appointment
We are here to serve you and your family today and into the future. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic we have implemented some changes to ensure you and our team are kept safe. We will be in compliance with current regulations from the CDC, Iowa Dental Board, and American Dental Association. Please bear with us as we all navigate this new normal together. Here’s what to expect:
- You will be required to complete a screening form prior to your appointment. A link to this form will be sent with your automated appointment reminder. If you have any risk factors for COVID-19, please inform us and we will reschedule your appointments. This would include fever, cough, or known exposure to a COVID-19 patient.
- The waiting room is now open, When you arrive at our office you may come into the waiting room, please come to the front desk and we will screen you there.
- A mask must be worn in the facility. Please help us preserve our PPE
- There are restrictions on friends and family members in the building
- You will be given hand sanitizer when you enter the facility, and escorted to a treatment room
- Our team members will be in full PPE when they greet you. We love seeing our patients, but at this time, this is best.
- The office will be kept at a cooler temperature due to increased staff PPE. Dress appropriately.
- You will be asked to rinse with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse when seated
- Aerosol producing procedures will require additional safety measures such as a rubber dam or isodry.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands prior to exiting the clinical area
- The checkout process will utilize either a touchpad or you will be given a new pen if you don’t have your own.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean there are less times offered for your appointment
- If you already have an appointment scheduled, you may receive a phone call from us asking to change the date or time. We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this new way to practice.
Keeping You Safe
- Numerous HEPA/UV air filtration units throughout the office
- Whole office air ionization units
- Air exchange system that draws fresh air into the office rather than recirculating dirty air
- Frequent scheduled cleaning of all “touchpoints” on a regular schedule
- Use of alternating rooms in our 9 operatory facility so there is adequate time to thoroughly disinfect all treatment rooms
- Removed magazines, toys, brochures to minimize touch points
- Utilization of numerous devices to minimize aerosol spread including high volume evacuators, Isodry suction system, and Dental dams.
- Implemented questionnaire and temperature screening of all team members before they are allowed to report to work
- Utilization of proper PPE for all our team members as appropriate including respirators, face shields, lab coats, head coverings, etc.
- Meticulous sterilization process using our large sterilization galley. Use of sterile surgical cassettes rather than loose instruments.